Saturday, January 28, 2006

This Morning


This morning I met a reporter, named Jacqueline Beam, @ my studio for an interview. She writes the ART SCENE collumn for fiiday's St. Augustine Record. The whole thing went really well. I have no trouble talking about art especially when it's my own! Most of the conversation focused on the work itself with an emphasis on the drawings I will have in the show that opens next week. Jacqueline seemed very cosmopolitan (she's lived all over the world) and has been exposed to a lot of different art so she was sympathetic with my view of the scene here. But, if I meet many more people like her and Jennifer I may have to stop being so judgemental and view the art public down here differently. There are a lot of transplants here who've brought wider views about what art can be with them.

No comments: