Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!


I had a very low key Sunday.


Got up about 1pm and walked into downtown Dun Laoghaire. The sunday farmer's market was still going on so I walked around for a while. They had tons of trailers that sold everything from hot apple cider (shot of irish whiskey optional) to cheeses and all sorts of cooked foods and vegetables and fruits.

I sat on a bench with my hot cider (with shot) and people watched for awhile before heading over to a news stand to get the Sunday Times.


With paper in hand I walked down Georges Street to Scott's pub for a pint of Bulmers and a hot plate lunch of turkey, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, dressing and greens.

Paris was playing Wales in the rugby match on tv and the barman tried to explain some of the rules to me. I rooted for Paris just because of their bright pink jerseys and socks! And they seem like a close knit group of fellows. Don't they?


No comments: