Saturday, February 04, 2006

Small Drawings @ The Studio: art and movement






Last night was the opening of my show of drawings at the Studio: art and movement in St. Augustine. The opening went really well. It coincided with the monthly Art Walk, and even though it rained for most of the night, I think the walk and the article in the St. Augustine Record brought people in.
The crowd was a crazy mix of types---older tourists, students, and a healthy mix of loopy artists. Most people I enjoyed talking to.

I surprised myself by selling two drawings so far. Those of us used to Memphis openings know just how surprising a sell can be. One drawing sold before the opening started and when Jennifer called to tell me I thought she said..."someone stole one of your pieces." instead of "...I sold one of your pieces!"

No comments: